Social Impact Assessment
- East Coast Rail Link by ERE Consulting
- This Social Impact Assessment (SIA) report has been prepared for the East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) (hereinafter known as “The ECRL” or the Project”). ECRL Project involves the construction of a rail link from Kota Bharu, Kelantan to Port Klang, Selangor.
- The Project Proponent is Malaysia Rail Link Sdn Bhd (MRL), a company wholly owned by the Minister of Finance Incorporated, Malaysia. MRL was established as a government-owned special purpose vehicle to undertake the ECRL Project and is the asset owner of the ECRL Project.
- The ECRL alignment runs from Kota Bharu to Port Klang, where the alignment is divided into three sections, which are:
- Section A (Kota Bharu to Dungun)
- Section B (Dungun to Mentakab)
- Section C (Mentakab – ITT Gombak – Serendah – Port Klang)